Before You Set Your Goals for 2022
2022 is here! This time of year so many people focus on setting goals for the New Year. Before we jump straight into goal setting, please pause. We need to take a step back (which most of us do not like to do) and clarify our vision.
People do learn from experience but their greatest learning is from reflecting on the experience. Lessons learned, if you will. As we set our vision and goals for 2022, we need to take a moment to pause and reflect.
We often don’t take the time to reflect because we are too busy doing more or are just too exhausted at the end of the day. Sometimes we didn’t hit some goals in the past so we simply choose it is better to leave that experience along tucked away.
Reflection is a great teacher and tool. It is where we learn more about our ourselves, others, and find God and gratitude in our failures as well as in our successes.
Successes are wrapped in gratitude and humility. Failures are surrounded in grace and peace. And you’ll find God all throughout both.
It Starts With Simple Questions …
Ask yourself these simple questions:
1) What were the key things that happened in ’21?
2) For each thing, delve deeper into what you learned about yourself, God, others, and the future?
3) What are your mindset shifts and habits from the last year that you want to carry forward into ’22?
4) What are the mindsets shifts and habits best left behind in ’21?
5) Where will you be in 2023? (be specific)
Please share your takeaways from this exercise as you get ready to set some BHAGs (big hairy audacious goals) for 2022.
#future #goals #leadership #gratitude #goals2022 #vision #vision2022 #growth #faith #purpose #newmein23 #22ayearofgrowthforyou